Ever wondered how it’s possible to get movie-star worthy skin? Find yourself mulling over the skincare secrets that all celebrity A-listers seem to possess? As it turns out, you don’t need to have the million-dollar budget of a movie star; you just need to know the top tops to maintain healthy, glowing skin.
As it turns out, it’s not too complicated to get a glowing complexion – you just need a little time, patience, and the ability to follow a routine. With that in mind, make sure your skincare regimen is filled with these feel-good, look-good secrets.
Tips for Healthy Skin
- Be mindful of what you eat. Although dermatologists long ago found that eating chocolate won’t make you break out in zits (huzzah!), it’s still worth noting that if you eat a diet that’s heavy in processed foods, your skin will suffer as a result. Processed foods are filled with free radicals, which damage healthy skin cells and make it difficult for your skin to look good. Eating a diet rich in vitamins and minerals, however, ensures that free radicals stay away from your skin.
- Speaking of which, invest in a good multi-vitamin. If you hate swallowing pills, try using gummy vitamins. It’s very hard to get all the nutrition your skin needs simply from diet alone, so get a good multi-vitamin on your side. Consider supplementing it with prenatal vitamins for skin that glows.
- Commit to drinking a liter of water each day. This helps flush out toxins that are dragging your skin down. What’s more, water gives your kidneys and liver the boost they need to flush out waste.
- Get plenty of sleep. Your skin depends on sleep to repair muscles, conduct important bodily processes, and repair all the damage that’s been done to your skin. Without beauty sleep, your skin will look tired, drained, and downright sallow. Not exactly a recipe for your ultimate beauty!
- Get loads of exercise. Physical activity oxygenates the blood, which makes it easier to carry essential nutrients to your skin. Plus, nothing beats the glowing flush after a fun workout!
Of course, it’s also important to have a top-notch skin professional by your side. That’s precisely where Dr. Kyle Song comes into play. Dr. Song is a board-certified plastic surgeon specializing in aesthetic treatments, including revitalizing skin injections, face lifts, microdermabrasions, and other skin-beautifying procedures. Visit Song Plastic Surgery in Irvine, California for your consultation.